Providing strategic direction on research
The mandate of the Research Oversight Committee (ROC) is to report to the Funders on the progress being made by the Project and make recommendations regarding continued funding as well as to provide advice and guidance to the research team to help ensure that the Project achieves its stated objectives and milestones.
To accomplish its mandate the ROC:
1. Monitors quarterly milestones and assesses the progress being made by the Project.
2. Review proposed scientific, GE3LS or management changes to the Project and make recommendations to the Funders regarding approval.
3. Provide strategic advice to the Project team on approaches and directions to aid the Project in achieving its high level objectives.
4. Reviews the implementation and effectiveness of the Project’s management plan and make recommendations aimed at improving management of the.
5. Identifies issues related to Data Release, GE3LS, Intellectual Property (IP), translation and commercialization of technologies, outcomes and deliverables that arise from the Project, where appropriate.
Research Oversight Committee
John McPherson (chair)
Ontario Institute for Cancer Research
Area of Expertise: Genomics
National Human Genome Research Institute, Maryland
Area of Expertise: Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Marine Biological Laboratory, Massachusetts
Area of Expertise: Molecular Cell Biology
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Wales
Area of Expertise: Biodiversity / Genetic
Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Growers’ Association, Canada
Area of Expertise: End User / Applications
Michigan State University, Michigan
Area of Expertise: GE3LS
Mining Association of Canada
Area of Expertise: Mining