- Kenya Barcode of Life (KenBOL)
- Daniel Masiga
- International Center of Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE)
- Helida Oyieke
- National Musuems of Kenya (NMK)
A community of scientific enterprise applying DNA barcoding for research and management of biodiversity.
To expand the application of DNA Barcoding to the widest taxonomic range of Kenya’s biodiversity, and to contribute to the overall iBOL research program.
• Establish the national iBOL node in Kenya.
• Contribute to the iBOL project by providing specimens and metadata for Kenyan species of national socioeconomic and environmental importance.
• Contribute to conservation by facilitating species identification.
• Recruit partners and develop capacity in DNA barcoding (museums, research and academic institutions).