- Pablo Luis Tubaro
- Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales
- Juan Diaz de Astarloa
- Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata
Expand partnerships, establish funding base and develop infrastructure on a regional basis.
– Increase the DNA barcode reference library for Argentina and neighbouring countries, with special emphasis on species with major impact on agriculture, forestry, fisheries or human health.
– In line with the previous objective, prepare 40,000 specimens for barcode analysis per year.
– Train researchers from Argentina and neighbouring countries in the use of DNA barcoding.
– Demonstrate that DNA barcoding protocols can contribute to the resolution of important environmental issues in Argentina.
– Build capacity (tissue collections, DNA laboratories, trained personnel) within the scientific system of Argentina to process its own material and at least part of that from neighbouring countries.
– Expand the awareness of authorities, colleagues and general public about DNA barcoding.